Kansai International AirportGround handling agent（1st year）
I feel most satisfied
when flight departs on-time
- My duty is to check-in passengers to the flight from all over the world.
- I work as a ground staff at Kansai International Airport. My duty is to check-in passengers to the flight from all over the world.
After checking-in all the passengers, I lead passengers to the aircraft at the gate, I feel most satisfied when flight departs on-time.
- There are experiences where you can only have in the international airport.
- There are staffs from all over the world where you learn different cultures and diversity. You will gain a skill of understanding international sense of communication just by working here.
There are about 10 Nepalese including myself. I feel very secure because I can talk in my mother tongue if I want to. You can also find other staffs from other Asian countries, America, Europe and so on.
As we get passengers from all over the world, There are experiences where you can only have in the international airport like Kansai International Airport.
- Being able to assist passengers who only speak Nepalese in Japan is my biggest motivation.
- Seeing passengers with big smile on their face is my pleasure.
One day, I assisted a Nepalese passengers in our mother tongue, the passenger said that being assisted in Nepalese was very reassuring. I was very happy to hear that. Since then, being able to assist passengers who only speak Nepalese in Japan is my biggest motivation.
- Skills that I have acquired through job
- Japanese Language Proficiency Test N1
I'm still making efforts every day to improve my language skill.
- One day at work ==early shift==
- Getting up
- Leave home
- Arrive airport
- Starting shift
- Opening check-in counter
Starting check-in duty
- Going to the gate
Leading passengers to the aircraft
- Flight departs
- Going back to office
Preparing tomorrow's flight
(Checking for special assistant passengers such as like wheel-chair passengers)
- Lunch break
- Preparing for tomorrow's flight
- Shift ends
Going out with friends, I enjoy my free time very much
- Message for the applicants
- I think the most important thing is what you can do and learn in work.
I've always wanted to gain skill of communicating efficiently in international environment. WAPS provides me that.
As I hoped I have been improving myself every day. I understand that each company have a different concept. I think finding a company where you can have a job you've always wanted.