Kansai International AirportGround handling agent
Because there are variety of customers,
they seek for variety of staffs.
- We have many tasks in order to make sure that we have on-time departure.
- I work for a ground handling company which handles many foreign airlines who fly into Kansai International Airport.
To have on-time departure, we have many tasks within the limited time. I must say it is very busy work environment. Our main goal is for passengers to have a safe and comfortable journey.
I think a job as a ground staff is hectic, but I enjoy being responsible for this job.
- You encounter different culture every day, it almost feels like living abroad.
- We only handle international destination. That means we handle foreign airlines only. Since we have passengers with many different backgrounds, we also have staffs from all over the world. You will hear not only English but also Chinese, French etc in our office.
You encounter different culture every day, it almost feels like living abroad.
- It's my greatest pleasure to meet passengers from around the world every day.
- It's my greatest pleasure to meet passengers from around the world every day. The destination that passengers are traveling to is vary. I feel that working as a grand staff is connecting to the world.
For those passengers who travelled around Japan often tell me that they would like to come back again. I am very happy to hear that as a Japanese.
My motivation is to provide the service as ground staff for the passengers to feel safe and comfortable until their aircraft takes off from Kansai International Airport.
- Skills that I have acquired through job
- It took me sometime to find out how to communicate efficiently with passengers.
But as I gain experience by working, I have come to learn that we not only provide information to our passengers but we also need to pay attention to the words we use and action we take to suite passenger's needs and requests.
I think I can utilize this skill in my daily life, too.
- One day at work
- Getting up
- Leave home
- Arriving airport
- Starting shift
- Getting ready for departure. Providing tickets and weigh baggage. Assisting with wheelchair passenger to the gate if needed.
- Looking for passengers who haven't showed up to the gate We say good-bye to the flight.
- Checking for the special needs passengers such as like wheeled chair passengers to have a smooth handling.
- Lunch break
- Preparing for tomorrow's flight
- Dinner with friends, having hair-cut etc I can enjoy the free time.
- Message for the applicants
- I used to think I'm not good enough for anything especially when I was job hunting since I tried to be someone who I'm not.
One of my teachers in my school told me that because they have variety of customers, they seek for variety of staffs.
I realized that I don't need to pretend who I'm not but be myself.
I believe each one of us have unique quality! If I can give you an advice it'll be “Just be yourself!”